I wrote these on my whiteboard last night. These are personal reasons, but many apply to other writers.
10 Reasons to Write Faster
1. Inventory (building a backlist)
2. Odds of ‘winning’ increase (more items on submission means more chances for an acceptance)
3. Quality comes from quantity
4. Increased learning curve
5. The bills aren’t going to pay themselves
6. The dayjob will never fulfill me
7. The sooner I stop working for The Man, the happier I’ll be
8. So the phrase “career development” will no longer depress me
9. There is no paper ceiling in writing (this is my term for the barrier that exists between those who have a college degree and those who don’t.)
10. I was made for this
I could probably write a post on each of these points.